This cake can be served plain drenched in icing sugar or decadently drizzled with rose honey and served with more creamy yogurt on the side, as in the photograph.
- 250g Total Greek Yogurt
- 150ml sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 large free range eggs
- 200g self raising flour, sifted
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Handful of fresh raspberries or tayberries
- Pinch of salt
Approx 20cm spring from cake tin - oiled
Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c normal / gas 4
- Place your flour, almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- Add the yogurt, oil, eggs and rosewater in the same bowl and mix throughly incorporating as much as was possible.
- Once well mixed, pour / scrape into your prepared tin, level and stud with berries
- Place in your pre heated oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes until well risen and golden. Test with a skewer to ensure it is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for approximately 15 minutes and then remove outer ring.
- Serve with more yogurt and drizzled with rose honey