The courgette season is upon us, the green beauties are popping up overnight and so the annual race to keep up has commenced. Courgettes are a very versatile vegetable easily grown in the vegetable garden , easily incorporated into many recipes as regularly readers of my blog will know I have a love for courgette cakes, so here's another.
Picking up on the current trend for bundt cakes on the internet and twitter, please welcome the Courgette Bundt Cake.
- 225g Grated courgette
- 250g self raising flour
- 3 eggs - free range
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150ml sunflower oil
Bundt tin approx 10 inch , oiled and flour dusted
Preheat oven to 180c normal / 160c fan
- Grate your courgettes , I used my food processor grating blade.If you don't have one, place in a large bowl after grating.
- Now add all the other ingredients
- Mix well until well incorporated
- Pour into your prepared tin
- Bake for 35 minutes approximately until it tests cooked with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in tin for approx 15 minutes
- Tip up onto cooling wire rack, allow to cool fully
- Now ice or frost to your taste, I just used a simple glace icing drizzle.