The pesto is easy to make especially if you have a food processor / blender, just blitz clean rocket leaves, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts or breadcrumbs until you have a thick green paste, use this in this recipe or alternatively stirred through pasta or spread on hot from the oven fresh bread.
What you need
- Qty of rocket pesto
- Fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 or 2 large field mushrooms - stalks removed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Baby cherry tomatoes - sliced
- Cheese (Lancashire, cheddar, local goats would all work) - grated or broken into little chunks
- Sea salt and pepper
What you do
- Place your mushrooms in an oven proof dish gill side up.
- Pre heat your oven to 180c.
- In the base of the mushrooms place the sliced cherry tomatoes, then spoon in the pesto and some breadcrumbs, top with cheese and a little more breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes until the mushroom is tender and cooked, the cheese has melted and the breadcrumbs golden.
- Delicious served as a light lunch or supper dish or as a starter.