Vickie Anderson - Liverpool Cheese Company
Our first interviewee is the lovely Vickie Anderson from Liverpool Cheese, a fantastic cheese-monger who is passionate about great cheese (especially from Lancashire), established in 2006 in a listed diary in Woolton village, Liverpool (before you ask it does count as its old parish Lancashire) this thriving cheese shop attracts cheese lovers from far and wide, so much so that a couple of years ago "Liverpool Cheese" was also a finalist in a national food heroes competition .
Along with her partner Ian they also have a on-line cheese shop, a cheese club and produce some fantastic looking cheese celebration cakes and their latest venture is a cheese school in Liverpool city centre. Proud to work along side local suppliers the team at Liverpool Cheese also stock a fabulous range of local breads, chutneys and biscuits to purchase to accompany some of that fantastic cheese they sell and also supply major resturants and caterers with their quality products.
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
Good Housekeeping – the Cooks classic companion, it has everything!
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
The climate and geography of Lancashire means some of the world’s best cheese is produced here.
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
A retired millionaire opera singer would be nice
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
My partner Ian, our children and close friends because these are the people whose company gives me the most pleasure, sharing food and conversation means the most with loved ones to me.
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
Be tolerant, be kind and enjoy life
- Describe your style in three words
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
Surviving the recession to build a successful business still here 7 years down the line
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect !