I love fish and had recently picked a fabulous piece of Hake at my favourite fish stall on Chorley Market, this recipe is for a quick and easy topping which ensures that you fish stays nice and moist. Its also great as in most cases you will have the required ingredients in the cupboard and fridge.
Hubby declared this yum so next time you are cooking fish give it a go.
- Fresh breadcrumbs, I used stale sourdough blitzed in the foodprocessor
- Fresh lemon zest
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Grind of pepper
- Parsley - fresh or dried
- Little olive oil
- Vegetable oil spray
- Fish fillet - I used hake but you could use cod, salmon, etc just make sure its sustainable
- Blitz your bread crumbs in food processor or blender
- Grate in you parmesan, lemon zest
- Add parsley , pepper and blitz a little more
- Add enough oil to just moisten
- Lightly oil spray your tray
- Place your fish fillets on the tray and press the crumb topping on to them
- Lightly spritz with oil spray
- Bake in 180c oven for approx 15 mins, but vary this depending on the thickness of your fillets.
Delicious, easy recipe