This month's talented foodie is Andrea Mellon, creator and chef of Dukpond in Preston, Andrea is passionate about Lancashire food and is one of the driving forces behind the food scene in Preston. Her relaxed informal dining venues are legendary as is her hot and spicy Peruvian Stew.
Andrea has been nominated for various awards over the years including the BIBA's and a local food hero.
My favourite cookery book is "Spain a culinary journey"
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
Sustainable, deliciousness and second to none.
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
My knives oh and garlic :)
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
My grandad ..... To show him who I am today.
- What advice would you give to your younger self
Stop pleasing others and look after yourself.
- Describe your style in three words
Eclectic, Innovative, Vibrant
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
A mini blender.
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
Being recognised as one of Lancashire's creative chefs and achieving "Taste Lancashire" quality assured award for 5 years.
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
A mistake is just an opportunity to try again ... however, one is now one of my biggest sellers raspberry chicken ... Rushing threw raspberries in instead of tomato the rest is history :)
- Tell us a secret about yourself ?
I reclaim redesign and build furniture.