We are pleased to be hosting Credit Crunch Munch a fab blogger challenge this month which is exactly what it says, all you need to do to to take part is blog about a money saving foodie idea or recipes. Created by the awesome bloggers Food 4 All and Fuss Free Flavours, here are some suggestions of ways you could take part but we are sure there are many more.
- Dishes using cheaper ingredients
- Cheap cuts of meat or vegetarian
- Meals using leftovers
- Meals using up the ends of packets
- Substitutions of cheaper ingredients
- Packed lunches
- Meals that use less energy to cook
- Pressure cooking
- Slow cooking
- Faster cooking – less oven time for example
- Batch cooking for the freezer
- Sustainable foods
- Food you have grown yourself
- Meals from reduced food in the supermarket
Basically a recipe that saves money in these challenging times...... yet produces some great tasting food !
I for one want to use more of my homegrown produce from the garden to best effect, or may be what about ingredient substitutions when the cupboard is bare. If you would like to see last month challenge for inspiration this was over on Gingey Bites
If you fancy hosting later in the year please get in touch with Helen at fussfreeflavours dot com
To take part you just need to
- Link back to Food 4 All , Fuss Free Flavours and me (Lancashire Food)
- Complete the linky below to take part
- Use the lovely Credit Crunch Munch badge in your post
- And if you tweet use the lovely #CreditCrunchMunch hashtag and we'll all try to RT you.
- The closing date is 30th June 2014
By entering you are agreeing to let us use an image from your entry on this site, and to pin to Pinterest.
Please be respectful of other people’s copyright when blogging recipes and give credit to the originator. But feel free to send to as many other entries as you like, let’s help everyone save money!
To enter just fill in the linky below which you can also share on your post if you so wish, its a blog hop so lets have some money saving fun.