This month's Lancashire Foodie is non other than world famous Amanda Biggs, owner of Thyme Deli and Cafe in Horwich, who unsurprisingly turned down a visit by George Osborne whilst he was campaigning in the area so she didn't let her regular customers down (good on you Amanda ). Amanda ended up in all the national press for her comment and even being mentioned on the topical satire quiz show "Have I got news for you" !
Thyme Deli is a gorgeous quirky cafe deli in the centre of Horwich where the emphasis on local seasonal Lancashire food, Amanda stocks a fabulous range of local produce and products and makes daily specials everyday. The cafe has also hosted numerous cake club events and is a favourite with all who visit.
Here's Amanda's answers to our now familiar questions.
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
- Describe your style in three words
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect !
You can find Thyme Deli Cafe at 4-6 Winter Hey Lane, Horwich, Bolton, there is easy parking locally.