For medical reasons I have recently switched to being gluten free and whilst this is proving a little challenging in the bread department, its not effecting cake baking too much....
Gluten free flours don't behave in the same manner as wheat based flour but frankly in this recipe you struggle to tell its gluten free. It is a satisfying bake which is great to use up past there best bananas, personally I love banana cakes as they have a beautiful aroma whilst baking and this one in no exception.
I am thinking of swirling in chocolate hazelnut spread next time round to provide an extra level of decadence, you could also add nuts if you would like more texture.
What you need
- 75g softened butter
- 175g sugar
- 2 eggs free range - beaten
- 3 large bananas - the spottier the better
- 200g gluten free plain flour ( I used Dove's farm)
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
What you do
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
- Cream the butter and sugar in the mixer until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and bananas, flour and bicarbonate and mix until well incorporated
- Pour into the prepared tin
- Bake for about 60 minutes at 180c until its golden and cooked through
- Cool on a wire rack