Sean Wilson - Saddleworth Cheese Company and Chef
This months featured foodie is none other than ex Corrie Star turned chef, cheese-maker Sean Wilson. Local Lancashire lad has gone from being a soap star to a cheese star , Sean is also soon to be one of the featured celebrities at the forthcoming seventh Wigan Food and Drink festival. Recently Sean published The Great Northern Cookbook which accompanied a television series showcasing northern food, if you are interested in winning a copy then check out this easy to enter giveaway.
Sean has kindly found time to answer our now familiar questions, to give us an insight into his food inspirations.
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
Wow!! Well I have a rather extended collection of food books including antique ones all the way through to present day. Simon Hopkinson, Keith Floyd, Nigel Slater, Elizabeth David.They are all special to me for different reasons. It’s a bit like asking me for my favourite single.
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
“Pie Chips and gravy please”
- If you weren't doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
Knives. end of
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
Enjoy yer senn..have some fun!!
- Describe your style in three words
Modern, rustic, fun.
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
Potato Ricer. Perfect mash!!
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
I am a Lancashire Cheese-maker and I was doing a cooking demo in Lancashire, making Lancashire Cheese Soufflé and guess which ingredient I forgot ??
- Tell us a secret about yourself, maybe something we wouldn’t expect ?