Firstly apologies for not the most wonderful of photographs, its a quick snap taken before demolishing this dish and I was very hungry. I love my slow cooker but up until recently I hadn't made a curry in it, its so nice to return home from work with supper ready and just needing some rice to accompany it.
I used some of the last of the courgettes from the garden and also some other waifs and strays from the fridge too, along with some trusty chicken thighs and a tin of coconut milk.
What you need
- A Slow cooker
- Chicken thighs - chopped into bitesize chinks
- Onion - finely chopped
- Curry powder
- Mango chutney / bengali pineapple chutney
- Courgettes - cut into quarter slices
- Red pepper - cur into little chunks
- Handful of frozen peas
- Tin of coconut milk
- Strong chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
What you do
- Preheat your slow cooker
- Fry off the onion,pepper, courgettes and chicken
- Place in slow cooker
- Add the curry powder, chutney, coconut milk and a little chicken stock
- Cook on slow for approx 6 -8 hours until the chicken is tender
- For the last 40 minutes of cooking add the frozen peas, turn slow cooker to high
- Serve with basmati recipe and poppadoms.