Mike Rawlinson - Red Cat restaurant Chorley and the Royal Oak at Riley Green.
Our featured foodie for November is Mike Rawlinson - Co owner and head of front of house operations for the highly acclaimed Red Cat restaurant in Chorley and the Royal Oak at Riley Green. Mike is also a talented "Ironman" (hence the picture below) who thinks nothing of cycling over a hundred miles, swimming a couple of miles and then running a marathon. The award winning Red Cat is in both the AA and Michelin guides this year and is also been nominated for Visit Lancashire and Lancashire Life awards again this year.
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
- Describe your style in three words
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn't expect !
- What would be your 3 course "last supper
"My wife's Thai soup, Heston's meat fruit and an enormous cheese board with a Remy Martin Louis Xiii