Tuesday 1 September 2015

September 2015 - Tim Proctor - Proctors Cheeses

Hi everyone, this month's choosen foodie is non other than Tim Procter of Procters Cheeses, also the man behind that amazing cheese brand Kick Ass Cheddar,  the cheese with a tasty cheddar twang yet a still creamy cheese.

The Kick Ass range includes several different varieties the newest been a Rioja with red onion chutney which I must say is absolutely delicious toasted, which I got to taste at the most recent Clitheroe Food Festival.

You can get in touch with Kick Ass on facebook, Twitter and even order via Amazon, plus its stocked by quality local cheesemongers as well. Procters Cheeses are based in Chipping right at the heart of Lancashire Cheese Country.

Myself and Tim Procter at Clitheroe Food Festival

What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
Anything from Padstow chef Rick Stein.  I like his no-nonsense approach to cooking and the sourcing of ingredients


What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
Just like our world famous Lancashire cheese that is unique, in that it has 3 distinctly different varieties in one type of cheese – I think that sums up the county as a whole…hugely diverse and yet offering the best of everything.


If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
If I hadn’t become a cheese factor, I am sure I would have joined the British Military.  My secondary school days were spent as a boarder at Bentham Grammar School in North Yorkshire.  A lot of my friends were children whose parents were in the military and always took a keen interest in where they were stationed and the roles they had.


Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
The TV remote…I live in a house with 4 females, and I need to feel that I’M IN CHARGE


Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
MALE: Robert De Niro as he’d definitely give the evening a bit of an edge.  
FEMALE: Cameron Diaz…nuff said really.


What advice would you give to your younger self ?
Make the very most of every opportunity that comes your way.  You WILL get the chances….TAKE THEM


Describe your style in three words
DETERMINED – POSITIVE – EASY GOING


What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
A new kitchen for wife Sue


What is your greatest achievement to date ?
Being married to the lovely Sue for the last 22 years and raising two beautiful daughters (Georgina 17 / Emma 15)


What is the worst mistake you have made ?
Sometimes being too soft with people that I actually don’t know that well, allowing them to mistake my generosity and good nature for weakness


Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect !
I have been known to sulk if I don’t get my own way ;-)

                                     

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...