This Chipotle sauce is made from Ancho chili for depth of flavour and Guajilla for the intense red colour they bring to the sauce and of course chipotle for the smoky notes. Its a delicious addition to the store cupboard and can be used in place of normal ketchup or as addition to many dishes, as well as this soup we have also tried it in a slow cooker BBQ ribs recipe, which frankly were amazing. In fact so much so that photography was planned for a post but they disappeared so quickly, we didn't take any of the shots !
What you need
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion - peeled and finely sliced
- 2 handfuls red lentils
- Vegetable stock - I always use Essential Cuisine
- 1 tbsp or more (if you like it more spicy) Some Like it Hot Chipotle Sauce
- Additional water if required to thin soup to desired consistency
- A little rapeseed oil or butter
- Yogurt to serve
What you do
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan
- Add the onion and sweet potatoes to the pan and cook over a low heat until the onion is starting to soften slightly.
- Add the lentils to the pan, along with enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables and simmer until the vegetable are softened and the lentils cooked.
- Add the chipotle sauce and blend with a stick blender until smooth, taste and season to taste
- Serve hot, swirled with yogurt and sprinkled with a little fresh coriander
Some like it hot is a sister brand to Fatjax chutneys, so you can purchase their sauces and rubs range were every you can pick up the Fatjax range, which is many quality outlets across the north west, plus at various farmers markets.
We are linking up to No Croutons required hosted alternatively by Tinned Tomatoes and Herbs and Spice, a vegetaerian blooging challenge for Soups and Salads.
And also My Legume Love affair (MLLA) over at Ammaji Kitchen