For the last couple of weeks its be pretty warm in these parts (well for Lancashire anyway) and I wanted a dish that could be served both hot or cold depending on the weather. This is an easy dish and is great finger food served with dips and sauces or on a more formal basis with vegetables or salad. I would image it would be popular with kiddies too as it very similar to chicken nuggets, except a lot more healthy as its gluten free and not cooked in oil, another added benefit is that a meal can be on the table quickly and ideal for eating outside in the garden whilst the lovely weather lasts.
What you need
- Chicken breast - per portion ( I used 2)
- Lemon juice - freshly squeezed ideally
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Polenta -fine grain
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
What you do
- Pre heat your oven to 200c
- Locate a suitable oven tray or pan, I used my Pampered chef stoneware tray and it worked a treat
- Slice the chicken breast fillets into finger thick strips
- Place in bowl and season well with salt and pepper, toss in the lemon juice and a slug of olive oil
- Ensure they are coated well
- On a plate pour out a good layer of polenta and grate over a good quantity of parmesan cheese, mix together.
- Coat each strip well with the polenta and parmesan mixture, pressing in the coating.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 -20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. This will all depend on the thickness of your strips
- Serve hot or cold with salad, dips and sauces or with oven baked "chips"
The featured salad is avocado, mizuna and rocket tossed in a lemon juice and olive oil dressing. This dish would be great served cold al fresco with a selection of dips as part of a picnic feast.
Four Seasons Food is being hosted this month at Eat your Veg with the theme "Al Fresco" , its hosted in rotation with Delicieux