I plundered the herb garden for an ample handful of rosemary which is one of my favourite herbs, so reliable, versatile and it smells amazing too. Rosemary is also this months theme for Cooking with Herbs, one of my favourite blogger challenges hosted over on Lavender and Lovage by Karen if you fancy joining in. The lemony inspiration came from the fruit bowl and preserved lemons. So lets pull together a great easy supper dish which satisfies that mid week crazing for a roast.
What you need
- Large roasting dish (works best if you use metal)
- Chicken thighs (skin on, bones in)
- Lemon - sliced (about thickness of a pound coin)
- Whole head of garlic - sliced across the middle
- Large bunch of rosemary
- Baby potatoes - skin on, slice in half if large
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper
What you do
- Pre heat the oven to 200c
- Place all ingredients in roasting pan, nestling the garlic and lemon around the chicken and potatoes
- Break the bunch of rosemary into small sprigs and sprinkle on to the dish
- Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper, toss slightly.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes until golden and the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with rocket salad dressed with balsamic vinegar or blackberry vinegar.