Craig Dugan - All You Knead
This months featured foodie is Craig Dugan the master baker at the fabulous real bakery "All you knead", a bakery born in a kitchen in Darwen after Craig and his wife Julie spotted a missing product at their local farmers market. That was back in early 2012 and the bakery has grown from strength to strength since, the team now have a artisan craft bakery at Botany Bay Foodhall, supplying various deli and cafes as well as various local Farmers Markets with bread made of quality ingredients and contains no preservatives.
All you knead also run bread making classes where you can learn who to create real bread.
All You Knead is a small, but perfectly formed, artisan bakery located within the Food Hall, on the ground floor of Botany Bay, Chorley.
They bake 7 days a week.Their range of breads, pies and confectionery are available at Botany Bay shop every day, at local farmer's markets, food festivals and at Light Ash Farm Shop, Bilsborrow, Preston and Thyme Deli in Horwich.
Here are Craig's answers to our questions
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication
Bread Matters by Andrew Whiteley - a must for all bread lovers.
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
A visit to a local farmer’s market or farm shop and seeing the fabulous range and quality on offer, all grown, sourced or produced in Lancashire.
- If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
Asleep – full time !
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
Our 2 deck oven, not much would happen without it.
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
Apart from family and close friends, I would invite Stephen Fry for some engaging conversation, the entertaining Peter Kay, George Clooney, because my wife Julie has requested him, and Rick Stein to produce a great seafood menu.
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
You have nothing to prove, take life as it comes – you will be surprised where it takes you.
- Describe your style in three words
Hardworking, practical, pragmatic.
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn't expect !