Recently here at Lancashire Food, we were approached by Tasty Creations a local company who produces ready made luxury cheese sauces from great local produce to sample their sauces.
Tastycreations is small specialist food company based in the North West and they produce a range of premium cheese sauces using some of the excellent award winning local and British produced cheeses and specialist food ingredients. They buy their cheeses and milk from Lancashire and Cheshire, herbs from Yorkshire, onions from Lancashire, stock from Cheshire and their packaging is made in the UK. In the Lancashire Cheese sauce they use award winning DEWLAY Tasty Lancashire cheese.
Having worked in the food industry for many years, Steven uses his culinary skills and knowledge of the specialist food and drink industry to produce a delicious selection of cheese sauces that are both convenient and versatile to use.
The sauces can be poured hot on top of chicken, fish, meat, pork, vegetables, potatoes or use as a cooking sauce to make a fish pie, pasta, lasagne, quiche, soufflé or use it as a dip. The chilled sauces take two minutes to re-heat and can also be frozen for up to three months. They have also won a Great Taste Gold award in 2012.
We have chosen to use the sauces in a couple of recipes but they would also be great alongside a steak in the case of the Garstang Blue sauce , simple fish or grilled chicken and I am sure your cauliflower cheese would be enhanced by one of these fine sauces.
Our favourite was the "Lancashire Cheese Sauce" of course, in which you could really taste the Lancashire cheese l, this was a great base sauce for this pasta dish.
- 1 pot of Tasty Creations Lancashire Cheese Sauce
- Fusilli pasta - suitable quantity for the number of portions you are making
- Mushrooms - thinly sliced
- Prosciutto or parma ham - finely sliced
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- A little olive oil
- cook your pasta in boiling water for the specified time on the packet
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, quickly fry off the mushrooms in a little oil, once cooked add the Tasty Creations sauce
- Cook until the sauce is hot
- Now add the ham or prosciutto
- Serve over your drained cooked pasta, sprinkle with some freshly grated Parmesan to serve
Tasty Creations sauces are available from a number of outlets, details on the website.