The keep well in the fridge in a container cut into small bite-sized pieces, but they won't last that long I promise you. I would recommend if possible just a couple a day to stave off the chocolate cravings, they also only contain just a little honey as a sweetener, as there is no baking involved I used some of our precious Honey from our hosted hive.
What you need
- 100g Whole shelled nuts with skins on - almonds / walnuts / hazelnuts
- 250g pitted dates (ordinary or Medjool if you can get them)
- 2 generous tablespoon of Local Honey (I used some from our hive)
- 80g Cocoa powder (Raw or at the very least Organic)
- Pinch of salt
- 50g Chopped nuts - pecan, walnuts, almonds, I used flaked almonds as that's all I had
What you do
- Blitz the whole shelled nuts until you have a coarse powder in your food processor
- Add the Dates, Cocoa, Honey and salt to the bowl, blitz until the mixture is well chopped and starting to come together.
- Add the chopped nuts, and quickly incorporate into the mixture.
- Tip into a greaseproof lined cake tin, a 20cm square seems to be about the right size.
- Press down the mixture firmly, cover with clingfilm and press down again
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours
- Remove from fridge and then chop into small bite sized squares, pop them in an airtight box in the fridge to store.