Are you in need of a quick and easy supper dish, that's healthy and tasty and with hardly any washing up too ! Well this is the dish for you, a one pot dish that uses one of my favourite cuts of chicken, thighs juicy and extra tasty they are also a great economy cut too, providing plenty of flavour and flesh for your buck.
To enhance the dish I used fresh oregano from the herb garden including the flowers so beloved of the bees at the moment. Did I tell we now host a hive in the garden so I am much more aware of what flowers they enjoy and oregano is a firm favourite, along with cat mint and thyme.
What you need
- Chicken thigh - skin on and bone still in
- Chorizo - approx 1/2 a loop, chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper - seeds removed and chunkly chopped
- 1 red onion - peeled and chunky chopped
- Couple of large handful - washed baby potatoes, chopped in half or quatered if large
- Small bunch of fresh oregano
- Extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil - about 1 tbsp
- Large metal baking tray
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do
- Pre heat the oven to 220c / 180c fan
- Place all the ingredients in a large metal baking tray
- Toss so all ingredients have a very light coating of oil
Bake for approx 30 minutes baste with some of the delicious juices, bake for another 30 minutes or so until golden.
- Remove and serve with a freshly dressed green salad and a glass of something chilled.
We are linking up to recipe of the week over on A Mummy Too
And to Cooking with Herbs over on Lavender and lovage - who's theme this month is Summer Herb