Who doesn't love a cookie ?
These cookies are based on a recipe in River Cottage "Light and Easy", with a few tweaks as I didn't have all the required ingredients as recommended. The resultant cookies are soft and tender and not overtly nutty or sweet, great for an afternoon treat and easily whipped up in a flash.
Ideal for snacking on whilst having a brew and a quick browse of a magazine, low in sugar and gluten free, whats not to like.
What you need
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 50g Honey
- 1 egg - free range please
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 70g raisins
- 100g porridge oats
Makes approx 12 cookies
What you do
- Pre heat the oven to 170c, prepare your tray either line with baking parchment or use a silicone sheet if you have one
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until you have a firm stiff chunk dough
- Roll dessert spoon sized balls with slightly moist hands, place on baking tray and press down to make a cookie shaped round
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until golden , cool initially on the tray and then gingerly transfer to a wire rack to cool fully
- Store in an airtight tin