This pudding is ideal served with custard, cream, creme fraiche or ice cream and the slight spicing of the sponge is great when there is still a slight nip in the air.This is a twist on the classic Eve's Pudding and made gluten free by switching out the flour for gluten free flour.
What you need
- Oven proof dish (I used a Pyrex pie dish)
- Oil spray
- 6 eating apples- peeled, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 50g quality vegetable margarine or softened butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 7 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 free range eggs - beaten
- 225g plain gluten free flour
- 1 tsp mixed sweet spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
What you do
- Pre heat oven to 180C
- Oil spray the baking dish
- Place the chopped apples in the prepared dish and sprinkle with the soft brown sugar
- Melt the syrups and margarine / butter and allow to cool, then add the milk and the beaten eggs
- Pour this into a large bowl and sieve on the flour, spices and baking powder , mix together until well incorporated and pour over the apples and level.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or so until golden and well risen.
- Serve hot or cold.