Another week has passed and we have another soup recipe for you, this one does have some reseamblence to shrek's swamp but trust me its very tasty and great for making when you hardly have anything in the cupboards. For the sake of economy I use frozen peas and spinach and there is no waste either.
Vegan as it contains only vegetables, however if this isn't important to you then its delicious served topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese or swirled with creme fraiche or yogurt.
Thickened by blending half the ingredients in to the soup its low in fat and containes no flours or grains so its gluten free too.
What you need
- Onion - peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes - peeled and diced
- 3 blobs of frozen spinach
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- A little olive or rapeseed oil
- Handful fresh basil
What you do
- Fry the onion and the potato in a little oil add the vegetable stock to the pan, simmer until softened
- Add the frozen peans and frozen spinach to the pan and bring back to the simmer and the spinach is defrosted. Add the basil
- Now blitz half the pan with a stick blender until smooth and retaining some chunky vegetables for texture.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve piping hot
We are linking up to "Eat your Greens" over on Allotment 2 Kitchen , the challenge being to cook with a green vegetable and for the recipe to be vegeterian.