We love fish here at Lancashire Food and like to experiment with different ways of cooking it. I currently have a great store of fish in my freezer (from Delish Fish) so we love to come up with new easy ways of cooking it.
This dish requires no great skill and is a great standby recipe made with store cupboard ingredients which is suitable for all the family, ideal if you need a quick supper dish, what's all important is the quality and freshness of the fish. Your supplier or fishmonger should be able to skin and de bone your fish for you.
- Fillet of fish per person, I used haddock (skinless and boneless)
- Cheddar cheese grated - 100g per fillet
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp per fillet
- Crème fraiche - 2 tbsp. per fillet
- 6 Baby cherry tomatoes per fillet - sliced in half
- Freshly picked thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 170c
- Very lightly oil a baking dish the appropriate size for your fish fillets
- Place the fish fillets in the bottom of the dish
- In a separate bowl, toss the tomato halves with the thyme and some freshly ground pepper
- In another bowl mix the Dijon mustard, crème fraiche and grated cheese, spoon this on top of the fillets in the baking dish and spread out
- Serve with a fresh green salad or green vegetables.