We are so happy to be invited to take part in a one off return of #BoothsCheers for the launch of Booths family of won label Italian wines. The selection includes a Chanti, Gavi Gavi, Pinot Grigio and a Prosecco all carefully sourced for the finest Italian vineyards by Booths.
We have devised this quick supper dish to perfectly complement the Pinot Grigio which is delicious chilled, the slight acidity of the wine perfectly cutting the creamy edge to the tomato sauce. The pasta of course is homemade using our homelaid eggs.
Pasta Ingredients ( per portion)
- 100g pasta flour
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- splash of water
- Sieve your flour and salt onto your work surface making a volcano crater like hole in the middle for your egg(s)
- Drop your egg(s) in to the hole
- Mix with your fingers until you have combined all the egg and have a soft sticky dough
- Knead this for about 5-7 minutes
- Leave to rest for approx 15 - 20 minutes , wrapped loosely in cling or a plastic bag, divide the dough by half to ease rolling out.
- If you don't have a pasta machine then you are now going to roll the pasta out manually, roll up your sleeve and flour your work surface well, Roll out until very thin and you can see a tea towel through the rolled out dough.
- If using a pasta machine then put the dough through the machine on each setting approximately 5 /6 times, until the dough is smooth and very thin.
- Now leave the dough to dry for 10 minutes or so, on a clean tea towel
- Cut the pasta into your desired shapes, I used my machine to make tagliatelle
- Toss in flour or polenta until ready to cook
- Cook by adding to boiling salted water , the pasta is cooked when it rises to the top of the water
- Drain and do as the italian's do and tosh the pasta with the sauce in the pan
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- 1 clove of garlic - crushed
- 1 tin of tomatoes - crushed
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp creme friache
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes - chopped
- Flat leaf parsley - chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil or oil off sun dried tomatoes
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and gently fry the garlic until lightly golden
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the tomato puree to the pan, cook on a gentle simmer for 5 minutes
- Next add the sun dried tomatoes and the splash of balsamic
- Cook for a couple of minutes longer, remove from heat and stir in the creme fraiche and parsley
- Bring back to hot , but don't boil as your creme fraiche may split.
- Taste for seasoning and dress the pasta.