Those lovely people at total Greek yoghurt have invited Lancashire Food to be one of the chosen blogs for a fab blog Treasure Hunt. With the added bonus you can win £800 worth kitchen kit chosen by celebrity chef Paul Merrett, WOW !!! All you have to do is follow the clues to find some great Total recipes featured on some great blogs, the more you find the greater your chances of winning !
Total Greek Yogurt is the only authentic Greek yoghurt for sale in the UK. Its made in Greece by traditional methods, that way it is much thicker and more robust than Greek style yogurt. It is great in cooking or to eat on its own and great for you too. Total Greek Yoghurt is a 100% natural and absolutely delicious. Why not check out their range at www.totalgreekyoghurt.com/our-yoghurt
To help you out and to make it easy to eat healthy Total Greek Yoghurt have recently released 1,000 new recipes and usage suggestions on their website - https://www.totalgreekyoghurt.com/total-eating or alternatively for those of you on the go the recipes are also available in a brand new Facebook app, so you don’t even have to leave Facebook to get inspiration for a meal - http://www.facebook.com/TotalGreekYoghurt/app_270613416296446
I have recently fallen in love with this ingredient (so much so its a regular now in the shopping basket)as its so versatile and can be used in so many ways, so here is a recipe from the Total website that I have tried in my own kitchen, created by nutrionist Martin MacDonald as a weightloss recipe.
Spicy Fishcakes with sweet potato wedges and yoghurt dip.
- 40g Total Greek Yoghurt (0%)
- 200g sweet potato, cut into chunky wedges
- Olive oil - drizzle
- Paprika spice mix
- 100g salmon
- 50g prawns
- 1/2tsp thai curry paste (panang paste)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves - chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 25g green beans
- 160g mixed salad ( lettuce, cucumber, spinach, celery)
- 10g coconut oil
- 1/4 chilli
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C / Gas mark 5
- Place the wedges in a bowl, mix with salt, pepper and spice mix and place on a baking tray. Cook in the middle of the oven for approximately 45 minutes
- Place the salmon, prawns , thai curry paste, coriander and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until a paste is formed. Add the beans and blend again. Turn out of the processor and place in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes
- Prepare the salad on your plate
- With cool hands shape your fish mixture into small patties
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry for approximately 10 minutes on each side over a low heat
- Prepare the dip by mixing the copped coriander and chopped chilli with the greek yoghurt
- Once the wedges have nicely crisped and the fish cakes ready, place on your serving plate with the yoghurt dip.
We really enjoyed this recipe, particularly the spicy fish cakes which were very easy to make and the lovely cooling yoghurt dip to offset the spices in the fish cake. The recipe is enough to serve 2 adults. If you tempered the chilli and thai red curry paste it would also be suitable for the whole family.
Total Greek Yoghurt supplied the ingredients for this blog post .Why not join in the fun and prepare a healthy meal, check out some great new recipes and take part in the treasure hunt !