Here's a second recipe with the versatile tenderstem, this can be served as a side dish or a quick lunch dish, may be with crusty bread on the side. Its still made in less than 10 minutes so no excuses, cook from fresh.
- pack of tenderstem
- 100ml Double cream
- Cheddar cheese or Lancashire Cheese - grated
- Couple of anchovies in oil, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill
- Steam or microwave your tenderstem for 3 minutes until tender
- Meanwhile heat your double cream and anchovies to boiling point in a pan
- Drain your tenderstem into a gratin dish, sprinkle with your grated / crumbled cheese and pour over the hot cream
- Sprinkle with more cheese and slam under the grill until golden and bubbling ( this will take about 5-6 mins)
- Finish with freshly ground black pepper
The anchovies melt into the cream and give an deep umami hit to the sauce, delicious served as a side or lunch dish.