Tuesday 27 December 2011

Eves Pudding

Don't know about anyone else but after the festive season I always seem to have some fruit in the fruit bowl which is getting a little long in the tooth, I hate to waste food and try wherever possible to use them in some recipe or another. Eves Pudding is a great recipe to have in the arsenal and is delightfully comforting, it smells wonderful when baking and the lemony zesty aroma is a great pick me up. The Eve in the name refers to the fact that apples are used in the recipe.


Ingredients
  • 450g or so Apples - peeled, cored and chopped into small chunks (ideally bakers but whatever you have)
  • 75g Demerara sugar
  • Lemon zest - 1 whole lemon
  • 75g Margarine
  • 75g Caster sugar
  • Egg - free range
  • 150g self raising flour
  • Milk - about 1tbsp

Method
  • Preheat your oven to 180c
  • Grease your baking dish
  • Place your apples in the dish and sprinkle with the demerara sugar and lemon zest
  • Mix your sponge in the normal manner, use the milk to achieve a dropping consistency
  • Spoon over your apples and smooth to cover
  • Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes until the apples are soft and the sponge is golden
Serve hot, warm or cold, either on its own or with cream, custard or ice cream. Delicious

3 comments:

Susan said...

Simple is best and that's one of my favourite puddings ever, I love it.

Choclette said...

Oh yes, I love Eve's pudding - a bit of polenta for extra crunch and some lemon zest - mmmmm!

Lisa said...

That's such a pretty dessert. I bet it tastes so good when it's warm out of the oven. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your pudding up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/12/sweets-for-saturday-50.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...