And now for something completely different, after all the Christmas baking and spices here's a recipe to ring the changes and also to use any overripe bananas you are bound to have in the fruit bowl in the bargain. I haven't made this recipe in a while, its another one from my scrap book and can't remember why I don't make it more often. Enjoy.
- 175g sugar
- 175g Vegetable margarine
- 225g self raising flour
- 100g porridge oats
- 2 medium bananas - mashed
- 25g sultanas or raisins
- Caster sugar to sprinkle
- Pre -heat your oven to 180c fan / 200c non fan
- Cream the sugar, margarine together
- Add the flour and oats and mix to a crumble mixture
- Lightly oil or spray your baking tin - which is approx 8 by 12 inches
- Sprinkle half your crumble mixture in the baking tin, press down lightly.
- Spread over the mashed bananas and sprinkle on the dried fruit
- Sprinkle over rest of mixture and cover banana, press down lightly
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden
- Sprinkle with caster sugar
- Cool in tin and cut into chunks.