- 140g dark chocolate (approx 50% cocoa solids or more)
- 200g approx chestnut puree ( I blitzed my leftovers)
- 200g granulated sugar
- 170g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs - free range
- 100g butter
- Drop of milk to loosen mix if necessary
- Preheat your oven to 170c fan / 180c nornal oven, line a deep square or oblong baking tin, approx 20cm square ish
- Melt chocolate and butter in bowl in the warming oven
- Mix your eggs and sugar and whisk until ribbony and volume increased
- Cool slightly your chocolate and butter mix , then mix with your egg mixture and all your other ingredients, adding a little milk if necessary.
- Pour into the prepared tin
- Bake for approx 15- 20 minutes until cooked but still slightly moist in the middle
- Remove from oven and fully cool in the tin
- Cut in to chunks and dust with icing sugar, if you are feeling very festive you could use gold spray or edible glitter too.