In the recent spell of good weather (its finished now and we are back to a typical rainy cold english summer) afternoon tea in the garden was in order. So after a quick baking session, tea was served.
- Scones with homemade strawberry jam and clotted cream.The scones were made to a friends recipe.
- Cucumber sandwiches, I used the fab Valentine Warners recipe in What to Eat now.
- Sausage rolls- I must confess shop bought on this occasion, but you can check my earlier blog post for a great sausage roll recipe.
- Victoria sponge cake - a classic but in celebration of summer, a pink sponge filled with the classic jam filling
- Lemon balm loaf cake as featured on an earlier blog post
Drinks were served from a selection of Pimms ,classic english tea and cloudy lemonade