Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Hedgerow Handbook by Adele Nozedar

I decided recently to treat myself to a couple of new books, (another one of my addictions), I love a beautiful book and have quite an extensive library of cooking, baking and food related volumes. I also have over the years amassed quite a collection of gardening, flora and fauna books too.




I have always been interested in wild food and foraging and my latest purchase,a beautifully illustrated book from Adele Nozedar is no exception, a Wales based author with a fascination for all things mystic, herbs, plants and the seen and unseen worlds.

The book features an illustrated section for all the most commonly found hedgerow forage edibles, each plant is stunningly illustrated to ease identification and some lovely anecdotes and stories are shared, along with simple home remedies. Each plant has several recipes suggested for it, some more unusual than your run of the mill foraging book. This book would be a great addition to your rucksack when out for a walk and equally at home on your cook book shelf in your kitchen. 

The book is an absolute joy and I can't wait to try some of the recipes in the book with some great local sustainable ingredients. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...