I love spiced cakes, my favourite spice being cinnamon, this recipe features both cinnamon and cloves, the warm comforting aroma that rises from the oven when baking is delightful and it scents the whole kitchen.
- 1 cup vegetable margarine
- 2 cups of caster sugar
- 3 eggs - free range
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk ( if you can't get it milk acidified with lemon juice)
- Icing sugar to spinkle
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Grease / oil your tin
- Cream your margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, use a mixer if you have one.
- Add your eggs , don't worry about the curdled look
- Add the flour, cinnamon, cloves, salt and bicarb, sift as you go.
- Mix well and pour into your prepared tin.
- Smooth top
- Bake for 50-55 mins until tested as cooked
- Cool in tin for 10 mins and then turn out to cool fully on wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
In celebration of the bundt , I am linking this post to DollyBakes National Bundt Day UK celebration