I have been tagged by Sue @Twitottee to take part in the fun of #foodbloggersunplugged, the idea being to tag another 5 foodie bloggers to keep the initative on a roll. Sounds like great fun to me and enables us all to understand more about our fellow foodies, so I am happy to take part.
The questions we have to answer are as follows:-
1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
3. Your greasiest, batter - splattered food/drink book is?
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is?
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
7. Who taught you how to cook?
8. I'm coming to you for dinner what's your signature dish?
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?
Finally...tag 5 other food bloggers with these questions...like a hot baked potato...pass it on!
home made expensive Food Bloggers Unplugged logo (below) on your blog and link up with the hashtag #foodbloggersunplugged on Twitter.
So here goes
1.What, or who inspired you to start a blog ?
My hubby, he kept moaning about how I should be sharing all my makes with the world, I had a slow start but now really enjoy blogging all things foodie.
2.Who is your foodie inspiration ?
Got to be Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall,I have appreciated his work for years, just wish River Cottage was a bit nearer to Lancashire.
3.Your greasiest, batter-splattered food /drink book is ?
It's Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course, all the pages are falling out and its very tatty.
4. Tell us about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it ?
That's a difficult one as I have eaten loads of lovely things in lots of different places. Think the best and most memorable was a fabulous meal in Dunworly, Southern Ireland at Otto's Creative Catering, a fabulous slow food, locally sourced/ produced organic venue. The food was amazing, all grown or produced on site and the meal was topped off by playing with dolphins on the nearby beach. Its now closed as Otto and his wife (Hilde) have retired. Darina Allen has visited too.
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is ?
Carl Legge @CarlLegge on twitter, I love foraging and using different sustainable ingredients. I am also very interested in Permaculture and Carl is an expert in all of these things.
6. What would be the one kitchen gadget you would ask santa for this year ?
Another bowl for my beloved Kitchenaid mixer.
7. Who taught you have to cook ?
A combination of my Nanna, My Mum and my domestic science teacher at school.
8. I'm coming to you for dinner whats your signature dish ?
Tough one as I like to experiment and it changes, I am known however for my courgette recipes.
9. What is your guilty food pleasure ?
Peanut butter on plastic bread toast.
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn ?
I used to be a member of a "blacked up" morris dancing group !
My bloggers I am tagging are (you must say this in a tension building manner)
- Carmela Hayes - Carmela's Kitchen
- HonieMummy -
- Carla - Orangemartini
- Irwin Kraus - The Amateur peasant
- What Kate Baked
If you have been tagged you will need to link to A little bit of heaven on a plate.
Go on join in and have a bit of fun.