Wednesday 1 July 2015

Nadia Southwood of Flap O Jacks








This month's featured foodie is Nadia from Flap O Jacks, the round flapjack company from Preston, made with love and delicious natural ingredients, I have been lucky enough to sample there lovely flapjacks on several occasions and they are amazing, you can see a blog post here.


What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication?

I adore everything about Lorraine Pascale,I have all her cookery books, she makes everything so simple and understated.


What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you?

I only need two words to sum up Lancashire Food ‘wholesome and delicious’


If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be?
I have a curiosity for forensics and pathology, so if I wasn’t doing what I do now I’d be a Forensic Scientist.


Which piece of kit could you not do without?
The piece of kit I couldn't do without would have to be our lovely big oven.


Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
My ultimate dinner guest would be the actor, Ray Winstone. Do you seriously need to ask me why!


What advice would you give to your younger self?
The advice I would give my younger self would be have the courage and confidence to be whatever you want to be, don’t follow the crowd, don’t join the rat race, just do whatever makes you happy.


Describe your style in three words
The three words I’d use to describe myself would be witty, motivated and thoughtful.


What was your latest foodie gadget purchase?
My latest foodies gadget purchase was a Nutribullet drinks maker, obviously this was for personal use and nothing to do with flapjacks!


What is your greatest achievement to date?

My greatest achievement to date (besides my two beautiful children) would be having the confidence to become self employed and turning Flap O Jacks into a thriving business and more recently being nominated for the EVA awards (Enterprise Vision Awards).


What is the worst mistake you have made?
The worst mistake I have made is not trusting my gut instinct. Always trust your first gut instincts. If you genuinely feel in your heart that something is wrong, it usually is.


Tell us a secret about yourself? May be something we wouldn’t expect!
I have a cleaning obsession, I’m probably verging on the borders of OCD but I love the smell of Detol in the house.


                 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...