Sunday 1 June 2014

Amanda Biggs of Thyme Deli




This month's Lancashire Foodie is non other than world famous Amanda Biggs, owner of Thyme Deli and Cafe in Horwich, who unsurprisingly turned down a visit by George Osborne whilst he was campaigning in the area so she didn't let her regular customers down (good on you Amanda ). Amanda ended up in all the national press for her comment and even being mentioned on the topical satire quiz show "Have I got news for you" !



Thyme Deli is a gorgeous quirky cafe deli in the centre of Horwich where the emphasis on local seasonal Lancashire food, Amanda stocks a fabulous range of local produce and products and makes daily specials everyday. The cafe has also hosted numerous cake club events and is a favourite with all who visit.




Here's Amanda's answers to our now familiar questions.

  • What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ? 
I have too many cook books so it’s hard to choose one but I do love Nigel Slater’s writing.


  • What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ? 
So many fabulous places to eat and buy food.


  • If you weren’t doing what you do now, what would you like to be ? 
 If I wasn’t doing what I do now I’d be dreaming about opening a deli!


  • Which piece of kit could you not do without ? 
· My Wusthof knife


  • Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why? 
My ultimate party would be with my family and friends though if I could I’d also invite Wentworth Miller !


  • What advice would you give to your younger self ? 
Stop worrying about it, just do it.


  • Describe your style in three words 
 Busy Busy Busy


  • What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ? 
Last year I bought a Kitchenaid stand mixer which I have coveted for a long time. My only regret is that i didn’t buy it sooner


  • What is your greatest achievement to date ? 
Without doubt becoming a mum. Coming second would be opening and running my business, especially trading through the recession.


  • What is the worst mistake you have made ? 
Employing people based on their experience when I should have concentrated on personality.


  • Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn’t expect ! 
I absolutely cannot eat fish or seafood, not for health reasons either. It’s limiting!


You can find Thyme Deli Cafe at 4-6 Winter Hey Lane, Horwich, Bolton, there is easy parking locally.

1 comment:

kvepalai said...

this post is new :) thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...