Tuesday 20 September 2011

Chocolate Beetroot Brownies



Flicking through this month's Country Living magazine I came across another recipe for Chocolate Beetroot Brownies, I normally use HFW recipe but thought I would try this one. The result is a very moist chocolatey brownie that also seems light in texture, this is hubby's favourite brownie so far and uses beetroot one of my favourite ingredients due to its vivid colour. Beetroot are very easy to grow in the garden too !

Ingredients
  • 250g cooked beetroot ( or you could use a packet) pureed until smooth
  • 200g plain dark colour
  • 250g butter
  • 250g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs ( free range please)
  • 150g self raising flour, sifted
Method

Preheat your oven to 180c, whilst the oven is warming for eco reasons, I put the butter and chocolate in a bowl to melt in the warming oven. Meanwhile whisk together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, whisk in the butter and chocolate  mix when melted and then add the flour, mix well and pour into your lined 30cm by 22cm baking tin.

Bake until well risen and until just slightly moist in the centre. This will be approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut in to chunky pieces.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Very effectively written information. Will probably be beneficial to anybody who usess it, together with myself. Keep up the great work รข€“ for certain ill check out more posts.

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: I have a comment right here although not about this post, it really is regarding the website layout. I believe you should alter every now and then to generate it intersting to folks.

Linzi_Barrow said...

Also currently the favourite of my builders as well !

Choclette said...

Excellent, another beetroot brownie to try. Sounds good. The ones I made were quite heavy I seem to remember. Unfortunately wretched voles have eaten all of our beetroot, so I shall have to wait until next year.

Eddel29 said...

wanna try this at home.

Charenn29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

Charley said...

Nice recipe, this is really yummy. There is nothing to argue about. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it. thank you for sharing this recipe..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...