After all that rich festive food, has you got a craving for something a little different, well I have just the recipe for you. A delicious prawn, aubergine and green bean curry, rich in tasty vegetables ideal to serve with rice for an informal supper.
Its so darn easy as well, and can be on the table in about 30 minutes start to finish, if you want to impress your guests why not whip up some roti or naan to serve alongside this dish.
What you need
- Bag of frozen raw king prawns - defrosted or fresh prawns
- 1 onion - peeled and roughly chopped
- Good handful of chopped green beans (I used frozen homegrown)
- 1 aubergine - topped tailed and cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes- chopped
- Squirt of tomato puree (or you could use passata)
- Fish stock or coconut milk if you like a creamy finish (I do)
- Salt and Pepper
- Curry paste (from a jar or make your own)
- A little coconut oil or vegetable oil
What you do
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry until softened and translucent
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for a few minutes to release the flavours, add the aubergine to the pan, stir fry adding a little more oil if necessary.
- Once the aubergine is starting to soften add all the other ingredients to the pan except for the prawns
- Cook until the sauce starts to reduce and the vegetables are cooked, add the prawns and simmer until they are cooked through.
- Serve strewn with fresh coriander and the accompaniments of rice and roti