This month our featured foodie is Anson Bolton, talented chef patron of The Millstone Inn at Mellor, a delightful village inn and restaurant with a reputation for amazing local food and a warm "Lancashire" welcome. Anson's style in traditonal "British fare" served with flair and attention to detail.
The Inn is set in a small village on the edge of stunning Lancashire countryside, were you can enjoy great food, Thwaites beer (brewed locally) and luxury country house style accommodations.
- What is your favourite cookery or food book or publication ?
When I first started in a kitchen I was brought a copy of the Readers Digest Cookery year in the 80’s, whilst it’s not “on trend” it’s a great guide to what’s seasonal and what you should be using and when. Another culinary bible is the Practical Cookery a must for any student chef. Its fascinating to see how things have changed, in the 1st editions there were no healthy eating or allergy concerns, the latest edition has calorie counts, allergens awareness and even a DVD! How times have changed. Nigel Slater is also a good read with simplistic seasonal dishes.
- What sentence sums up Lancashire Food to you ?
- If you weren't doing what you do now, what would you like to be ?
- Which piece of kit could you not do without ?
Not so much a piece of Kit but I'm really fortunate to have a loyal and hard-working brigade of chefs who are great to work with, talented, grafters and we understand each other’s humour (just)
- Who would join you at your ultimate dinner party and why?
- What advice would you give to your younger self ?
- Describe your style in three words
- What was your latest foodie gadget purchase ?
- What is your greatest achievement to date ?
- What is the worst mistake you have made ?
- Tell us a secret about yourself ? may be something we wouldn't expect !